One of the most helpful programs that helped businesses during these trying times was enacted on March 27, 2020, the CARES Act or Coronavirus Aid Relief and Economics Security Act. The CARES Act Fund helps cover unanticipated expenses for businesses that were impacted by COVID-19.
We have seen businesses that have been resilient overcoming COVID-19 and the CARES Act Fund have somehow helped ease the burden for many business leaders during the crisis.
If you have covered your bases on facilities cleaning and sanitizing, you can maximize your CARES Act Fund with robust set of tools capable to help your organization pivot to new market conditions to meet the immediate crisis and help you gain control during the chaos. Especially, if you are still using manual systems, now is the best time to change over from manual to automated HR software.
Expenses of actions to facilitate compliance with COVID-19-related public health measures:
- Expenses to facilitate distance learning, including technological improvements, in connection with school closings to enable compliance with COVID-19 precautions.
- Expenses to improve telework capabilities for public employees to enable compliance with COVID-19 public health precautions.
- Expenses associated with contact tracing are eligible.
Here are 5 ways Breeze360 can help make your organization a safer workplace during the pandemic:
- Contact Tracing – Weather you made minor adjustments in your organization or your stay-at-home orders have expired, preventing the spread is possible with Breeze 360 by utilizing its flexible time collection options that can adapt to nearly every work environment. The Geofencing feature helps collect and track time and know who is working at which locations, helping prevent the spread in case somebody tested positive in your workforce. This feature is applicable with our Breeze 360 mobile app as well.
- Contactless Technology – Proper hand hygiene is one of the main concerns of health officials and has advised all businesses to take precautionary measures, making contactless technology a great option to protect your workforce. Our card swipe based punch clock is one of the many COVID-19 friendly options we have for your organization. Contactless scanning with RFID cards makes clocking in easy and safe with no sanitization required preventing contraction and spread of COVID-19.
- Daily health check reminder – Adding a short COVID-19 health check reminder will help your workforce become aware and be reminded to comply with the company’s COVID-19 guidelines. MOD or Message of the day can be activated by the supervisor as the first thing that the employee sees upon clocking in.
- Informed Decision at your Fingertips – Health officials have also advised to create protocols that closely monitor employee well-being and safety. Employee reports will give you valuable insights about real-time employee data such as monitoring absenteeism and more. This will help you keep track of health risks that may have occurred within your organization, allowing you and your team the ability to make informed decisions ASAP.
- Leverage Mobile Technology – You can empower your workforce and meet them where they are using Breeze 360 Professional. Anyone can clock-in and out from their mobile app to help maintain social distancing and comply with staggered gathering, especially when punching in/out during opening and closing times. The app helps you comply with the health official’s requirements and also help safeguard your organization from COVID-19 health risks.
Quoting from our previous blog post, Small Business Survival Guide, COVID-19, “Robust and adaptive technology will be imperative, as will careful and systemic implementation, logging remote time punches, tracking and maintaining remote employees, organizing a business absent of a standardized office environment, all [are] necessary [now].” If you’re still relying on manual filing, now is the best time to automate employee data, especially during this crisis. Breeze 360 prevents the spread of virus by eliminating manual clock-in and out which can be a source of germs and removes the inefficient manual tracking of employee data and stacks of paperwork.
If you are ready to make the change and maximize your CARES Act Fund (ends in December 30, 2020), please don’t hesitate to reach to our product expert via live chat or call us at 540-721-1000 (office hours: Mon. – Fri. 9:00am – 5:30pm).