What does it look like working in a typical company these days? The shortest answer is it’s not set up the same way it was in the past.
- More than 80% of all companies rate their business “highly complex” or “complex” for employees.
- Fewer than 16% of companies have a program to “simplify work” or help employees deal with stress.
- The “average” US worker now spends 25% of their day reading or answering emails.
- The average mobile phone user checks their device 150 times a day.
- 40% of the US population believe it is impossible to succeed at work and have a balanced family life.
- The “average” US worker works 47 hours per week.
- 49% of US workers work 50 hours or more per week
- 20% of US workers work 50-plus hours per week.